Have you ever heard of those scary stories about robots taking over the world and stuff like that? Well, I have no idea how real that is but when it comes to cleaning, tech has definitely conquered the home cleaning world. This is where all the tech-heads out there and the people who like genuine cleanliness pay attention. In this article, we will go to focus on two reviewed best Robovacs in the robotvac tech world, and help you choose the best for you depending on the features that make your heart dance. The two Robovacs are the Neato Botvac D7 and the iRobot Roomba 980. Feel free to call it a ” Neato Botvac D7 VS. iRobot Roomba 980″ article. Anyway, let’s get down to it.
Check Following video about iRobot Roomba 980 VS. Neato Botvac D7:
Table of Contents
What’s iRobot Roomba 980? What’s New?
Now, this particular smart vacuum cleaner is manufactured by the iRobot company and it, too, is a sophisticated smart vacuum cleaner. It has a couple of similar features as the Botvac D7 but let’s cover that later.
Having a camera and an advanced location technology – Using iAdapt 2.0 allows it to see obstacles and map out the area it is to work on, ensures Roomba 980 multi-room coverage. More information about iAdapt 2.0, please visit 900 series iAdapt 2.0 navigation system on iRobot official website.
- Having a camera and an advanced location technology – Using iAdapt 2.0 allows it to see obstacles and map out the area it is to work on, ensures Roomba 980 multi-room coverage. More information about iAdapt 2.0, please visit 900 series iAdapt 2.0 navigation system on iRobot official website.
- WiFi Connected + Voice-activated Control – Wireless connection is also an improvement in that one can connect to a mobile app and be able to operate the machine remotely.
- Automatic Increase of Suction – This is interesting because the company brags about having some floor sensors that detect the type of surface that is being cleaned, and will increases the air power up to 10x on carpets automatically. The 980 model has 10x more air-power compared to 600 and 700 series.
- Recharge & Resume Automatically – More sophistication is also observed on this machine since it can recharge automatically by returning to the charging base, docking itself and returning to work after being fully charged. Isn’t this just amazing? I mean, you literally don’t have to go and keep plugging it into power every time it runs low.
- Cliff-Detection Sensors – As if that is not enough, the Robovac comes with cliff-detection sensors that enable it to avoid stairs and other drop-offs.
- High-efficiency filters – This ensures maximum cleaning when it comes to small particles and the likes.
|iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair,...||1,900 Reviews||Check Price|
What’s Neato Botvac D7? What’s New?
Technically speaking, it is a robotic vacuum cleaner (thus the name “Robovac”) that has sophisticated programming that enables it to clean automatically without human operation. Not that this is one of its kind, but it is definitely the newest model Botvac D7™ Connected from the Neato tech company, Neato Flagship Robot, which launched at August 31, 2017, IFA. We all know that being a new model means that it has new features.
- Zone Cleaning – You could set an area you want to be cleaned through the app.
- Patented LaserSmart Mapping & Navigation – This Robovac comes with improved laser-based mapping functions in that you’ll be able to select portions of your home that you’d want the machine to avoid. This can be achieved by letting the vacuum run on discovery mode so that is can get an overall layout of your home and automatically set the “No-Go” zones or you can do this manually by the use of magnetic tapes or by the use of the Neato app without the tapes
- WiFi Connected + Facebook messenger Neato Chatbot – It leaps into action when spoken to. This is made possible because of the connectivity with Amazon Alexia and Google voice assistant. As if this is not enough, one can also send instructions by typing commands into Neato’s Facebook messenger Neato Chatbot.
- Summary Map – One of the amazing features in this new smart vacuum. The Robovac basically shows which areas have been cleaned and also gives a report on the obstacles that prevented it from doing its job.
- Future-Proofed – According to Neato, the machine is said to be “future-proofed”. Marini explains this by saying that the vacuum will support wireless updates to new features so that it can be upgraded immediately after they are released.
- Durable Metallic Finish – Last but not least, this new model comes with a durable metallic finish, ensures the robot vacuum resisting scratches.
- IFTTT – You can control the Botvac D7 through IFFTTT, click here to do more with Neato using IFFTTT。
|Neato Botvac D7 Connected Laser Guided Robot Vacuum Featuring Multiple Floor Plan Mapping and Zone...||237 Reviews||Check Price|
iRobot Roomba 980 VS. Neato Botvac D7 Comparison Table
The visible physical parts (the hardware)
Now that you have an idea about the two smart vacuum cleaners, let’s get into the ” Neato Botvac D7 VS. iRobot Roomba 980″ part of this article. Given that both of these awesome machines have almost the same features, let’s go through all similar and different features at the same time.
- The user interfaces. This comes with a lot of advantages in terms of usability and convenience. Given that the Neato Botvac D7 has a color LED screen, it takes the day. This enables one to schedule clean ups and the likes.
Both of these machines have high-performance filters only that Roomba has HEPA certified ones in comparison to Neato Botvac D7.
- When it comes to brushes, the two machines have different arrangements.
The Roomba vacuum has two brushes that rotate opposite to each other to avoid hair tangling in them. This feature boosts efficiency because of minimal maintenance.
The Neato Botvac has only one wide brush. The downside to this is that it has to be maintained regularly but on the upside, it covers a wide area during cleaning. Still, on the brushes, the Neato Botvac brush is located in front of the wheels in order to ensure that the cleaned area remains clean after a pass. In comparison, the Roomba 980 brushes are located in between the wheel. This means that the maximum length of the brushes is the length between the wheels. It also means that wheels may get dirty and spread the dirt around even after cleaning.
- The shape of the two machines also count. Here is why.
The Roomba vacuum has a round shape. This makes it hard for it to clean corners thoroughly as compared to Neato Botvac even though both may have side brushes.
- Self-charging + Resume is a similarity. This is pretty much self-explanatory given that I explained it earlier.
Both have systematic cleaning and mapping. They basically just mimic what human beings do when they clean. The patterns we make. This is made possible by the Simultaneous Location and Mapping algorithm
(SLAM). The difference comes in the type of sensors used. Neato Botvac D7 uses a laser-based SLAM whereas Roomba 980 uses a visual-based SLAM.
When it comes to the automatic increase of suction, Roomba 980 takes the day because it uses a combination of optical and acoustic sensors for dirt perception.
- Wireless communication is present in both and thus that becomes a similarity.
I can confidently say I have exhausted everything there is to know before making a decision. Now, it is very important to note that the machines have a lot in common. So how does one make a choice, well, I am going to give one last difference and I believe it’s going to be the one that may make you consider or reconsider your choice. The iRobot Roomba 980 sells at almost $900 while the Neato Botvac D7 sells at almost $750. I believe with this final difference, D7 takes the day since it’s technically superior to Roomba 980 and it is also cheaper. Get more detailed information about each robotic vacuum, click Roomba 980 Review or Neato Botvac D7 Connected Review. That, ladies and gentlemen, concludes my “Neato Botvac D7 VS. iRobot Roomba 980 article.