For many of us, the possibility of outsourcing the sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping of the floors in our homes is more than welcome news. The idea of having a robotic vacuum clean the house while we are doing other things is no longer alien. Since their introduction over 10 years ago, robotic vacuum cleaners have greatly evolved. They are no longer erratically moving around, missing parts of the floor and sucking up only half the dirt. Today, these “robot-maids” are fully up to the task of keeping our homes spotless. In fact, there are now models that specialize in cleaning a certain type of flooring. While every robotic vacuum discussed here is able to work on every type of floor, they are especially good for cleaning tiles.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Do I Need a Robotic Vacuum?
- 2 How Do I Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum for Tile Floors?
- 3 Roomba 890 – The Best Robotic Vacuum for Tile Floors
- 4 Other 5 Robotic Vacuums Good for Tile Floors
- 5 Best Choice – Robotic Vacuuming & Robotic Mopping Bundle
- 6 Conclusion
Why Do I Need a Robotic Vacuum?
Before we get into the details, let’s look at the many advantages of having a robotic vacuum.
- It uses smart technology. Artificial intelligence is at the forefront of technology at the moment, and the smart technology that operates a robotic vacuum is part of our future.
- It saves you time. While your robotic vacuum cleans your floors, you can focus on more important tasks.
- It keeps your house clean. While a robotic vacuum does not replace a regular vacuum or regular housekeeping chores, it does help with keeping your home clean by picking up the kind of dirt that accumulates on a daily basis.
- You can schedule cleaning runs. Most robotic vacuums can now be scheduled to run as many as 7 times a week. You can set it and forget it.
- It can keep your office clean, too. A robotic vacuum is not just for the home; you can use it in your office as well, in case the weekly cleaning service leaves a bit to be desired.
- It allergy-proofs your home: Many robotic vacuums come with built-in HEPA filters that all but eliminate the dust and dander that can cause allergies.
How Do I Choose the Best Robotic Vacuum for Tile Floors?
With the growing number of robotic vacuums on the market, it can be confusing to select a model that is just right for you. It is normal, especially for first-time buyers, to struggle with making a decision. Here are some tips on how to narrow down your choices.
- Size and shape: Look at your home and figure out what kind of robotic vacuum cleaner would work best in that environment. If there is a lot of open space, you want a bigger vacuum with a long battery life, so that cleaning the floors won’t take forever. If you have a lot of furniture, you want a flat, small model that can maneuver around and vacuum under these “obstacles.”
- Battery life: Sooner or later, every robotic vacuum must recharge. It is a nuisance for that to happen in the middle of a cleaning run. So look for a vacuum with a long battery life and a short recharging cycle.
- Cleaning capability: Robotic vacuums are obviously designed to suck up dirt and dust off the floor. That is the whole point, and most models work very well on all different types of flooring. But if you are looking for a vacuum to clean your tile floors, then having a vacuum that can also mop is perfect. Below, you will find two models that come with a dedicated mopping feature.
- Your budget: You can pay as little as $200 or as much as $1,000 for a robotic vacuum. Decide which features are important to you—like Wi-fi connectivity or tangle-free brush rollers—and then decide how much you are willing to pay for them.
- App-friendly: Today, many robotic vacuums come with their own companion apps to control their cleaning schedules. Some can be synced with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, and some will map out which parts of the floor they have already cleaned. Expect this feature to change and expand in the near future.
Roomba 890 – The Best Robotic Vacuum for Tile Floors
The Roomba 890 of iRobot, the newest model of 800 series with WiFi connectivity. This model has Dual-Mode Virtual Wall including 2 AA batteries in the box. It supports Alexa and Google Assistant and could be controlled by the Home app of iRobot on the smartphone or voice. The 890’s cleaning performance is higher and tangle-free. Let’s take a look at it.
- iAdapt Navigation Technology – Using iRobot’s smart algorithm to map out the floors, then it could clean the entire area, with this tech, it supports well cleaning and wall edges cleaning or cleaning around or under the furniture. This model also could climb the carpet.
- Dirt Detection 2.0 – Could dirt sensors dirt and will focus more on these areas.
- Aerovac Vacuuming Technology – Using the panted three-stage cleaning system which will extract the debris with the side brush and the debris extractor, then suck in the debris into the dirt container.
- The air suction power is 5x more than previous series 700 & 600
- AeroForce filter – The High-Efficiency Filter, the vacuum cleaner could trap 99% of the particles, pollen, and allergens.
Which features make the Roomba 890 model good at cleaning carpeting or hardwood floors? The powerful GEN 2 motor and the tangle-free debris extractor, and plus with the side brush, make this model fit for carpets or hardwood or tile floors.
- WiFi connectivity
- Up to 60 minutes cleaning time per charge.
- Rubber rollers
- Voice Control via Alexa or google assistant.
- Powerful GEN 2 Motor
- Equipped with Edge-Sweeping Brush
- A little expensive
- Small debris bin
What’s in the Box?
- Roomba 890 vacuum cleaner
- Home base, the charging station
- The line Cord
- One Dual-Mode Virtual Wall Barrier (including 2AA Batteries)
- 1 extra High-Efficiency Filter
- User’s guide and docs
|iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet...||352 Reviews||Check Price|
Other 5 Robotic Vacuums Good for Tile Floors
Now that you have a better idea of what features are available and how to select a robotic vacuum, let’s get specific. You are looking for an appliance that can reliably pick up dirt, debris, crumbs, and pet hair off your tile flooring. So here are the models we like best for that particular job.
|Robot Vacuum||iRobot Roomba 890||Neato Botvac D80||Samsung POWERbot R7040||Shark ION Robot 750||ECOVACS DEEBOT M80Pro|
|Dimensions||13 x 13 x 3.6 in||12.7 x 13.2 x 3.9 inches||13.7 x 13.4 x 3.8 inches||12.6 x 12.6 x 2.6 inches||13.7 x 13.7 x 3.1 inches|
|Weight||8.4 lbs||9 lbs.||8.8 lbs.||5.51 lbs.||7 lbs.|
|Run time||60 minutes||60 min.||60 min.||60 min.||100 min.|
|Bin Size||-||0.7 L||0.3 L||0.3 L||0.5 L|
|Cleaning System||AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System||Advanced SpinFlow Power Clean||CycloneForce Technology||Detangling Technology||Five-stage cleaning system with 4 modes|
|Navigation Technology||iAdapt navigation with full suite of sensors||Patented LaserSmart technology||Visionary mapping and FullView 2.0 sensor||Smart sensor navigation with i nfrared sensors||Obstacle detection with infrared anti-drop sensors|
|Brushes||Tangle-free Dual Multi-Surface Brushes, Edge-Sweeping Brush||Side-spinning, spiral blade, and combo brushes||Wide motorized brushes||Side brushes, plus one large motorized brush||V-shaped main and 4 side brushes|
|For Pet Owners||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Accessories||home base charging station, line cord, Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier (2AA Batteries included), 1 extra filter, owner's guide and documentation package.||Standard filter, additional spiral blade and side brushes, charging base, power cord, boundary markers, brush and filter cleaning tools||Remote control, replacement filter, docking station, power cord, charger, optional boundary markers||Remote control, replacement HEPA filter, side brushes, charging station, boundary connectors, cleaning tool||Charging station, remote control, main and side brushes, HEPA filter, both wet and dry cleaning cloths|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year|
ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro – Best Value – Hard Floors and Carpets – Mopping Features
The Deebot M80 is a thin, round robotic vacuum that efficiently cleans your home and including mopping features. You can select a cleaning mode, depending on your cleaning target, spot-clean for a particular area, or clean a big mess; the Intense mode for high-performance cleaning for it’s increased rotating speed and suction power; Edge mode for cleaning corners and wall edges.
- Multiple cleaning modes: Before you schedule a cleaning run, select which mode the vacuum should use. The auto cleaning mode is for the most energy-efficient, everyday cleaning; the spot-cleaning mode is for areas with lots of dirt and dust, and the edge-cleaning mode is for cleaning along edges and in corners.
- Long-lasting battery: With almost 1.5 hours of cleaning in auto cleaning mode, the M80 has the longest-lasting battery of the models introduced here. It automatically returns to its charging station when the battery runs low and resumes cleaning when fully charged.
- Intelligent detection technology: With 10 groups of sensors, the M80 will navigate your home without problems. It won’t bump into furniture or fall down the stairs.
- Wi-fi connectivity: You can easily control the M80 via your smartphone. You can monitor its progress, schedule cleaning runs, and program it to run at a set time on a daily basis.
- Perfect for tile floors and pet owners: The V-shaped main brush ensures that all dirt and dust is sucked into the dustbin. On tile floors, the main brush retreats so that neither human nor animal hair can get tangled around it.
- Optional Wet/Dry Mopping Feature – Double cleaning and maintain the floors.
- The M80 comes with a myriad of standard features without significantly increasing its price tag.
- Wi-fi connectivity and remote control give you complete, around-the-clock access to the vacuum.
- The M80 can easily be fitted with a mop for a thorough, deep clean of hard floorings.
- Although it has an edge-cleaning mode, the M80 does not always perform well when it comes to cleaning the corners of a room.
- At times, the mop is not as effective as one might wish.
Roomba 980 – The high-end Model – Very Powerful
iRobot’s Roomba 980 is the latest and high-end model of Roomba series for multi-room cleaning. It is very useful for you have and lifestyle. It cleans better because it is equipped with smarter mapping technology iAdapt 2.0 and smart navigation technology VSLAM. It cleans carpeting, hardwood and tile floors. iRobot has 26 years’ experience in the robotic area, and the 980 is the best model of Roombas. Compared to other models, the air suction power is the best, 10x more than 700 & 600 series, 5x more than 960 & 800 series models for its advanced Gen 3 motor. Let’s take a look at its features detail.
Advanced iAdapt 2.0 technology + vSLAM – Only the 900 series Roomba was equipped with smart navigation tech iAdapt 2.0 and Visual Simultaneous and Mapping (vSLAM). With more sensors and smart navigation of iAdapt 2.0, model 980 could clean with high-efficiency pattern and mapping. with the help of vSLAM, Roomba could navigate the entire home seamlessly and efficiently, and track vacuum’s location.
WiFi Connected – This model could connect to WiFi, and you could control it through your smartphone with iRobot Home App. Such as start vacuum, go back to the home base to charge, configure the cleaning schedule, etc.
Voice Control – support Alexa or even Google Assistant
Up to 120 minutes Running Time – Only the Roomba 980 is using 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion battery, and It could last 120 minutes, so it is a very great choice for big house and house.
Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers – could make the Roomba not clean areas or rooms you don’t want such as the bathing room, pet area.
Carpeting Floors Boost Mode – Only the 980 model support this mode because it is equipped with advanced GEN 3 motor, and this feature also makes 980 has 10x air suction power compared to 600 & 700 series and 5x air suction power compared to 800 series and 960 models. When Roomba 980 detects carpet floors, and if the Roomba is configured as Automatic Mode, it will boost the vacuum power to deep cleaning automatically. But, if the Roomba is configured as Performance mode, the boost mode will on all the time.
Recharge & Resume Automatically – Roomba 980 also support recharge itself and resume to work continuously, when the Roomba’s power almost run out of batteries, it will return to the home base station and charge itself. When the power if full, then go back to work. Very convenient, and you even could let it clean alone when you are out. It’s a perfect feature.
Cliff-Detection Sensors – The same as the old models, this Roomba also could sensor the cliff, the upstairs in the house to prevent damage itself.
AeroForce High-Efficiency – Good for allergies and let the house keep fresh because the high-efficiency could capture 99% of allergens and debris.
- High Cleaning Performance (10x suction power, Carpet Boost, Long Running Time)
- Convenience and Lifestyle
- Advanced Technology
- Camera and location sensors
- Bigger Dirt Bin capacity
- Very Expensive.
- Needs to empty the Dirt Bin one or two times.
|iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair,...||1,900 Reviews||Check Price|
Neato Robotics Botvac D80 – for Pets Hair and Allergies
The Botvac D80 is one of the latest models available from Neato Robotics. It is a good-sized vacuum, but it is not too big to comfortably handle. It has touch-screen controls on the top and several small rollers underneath to keep it moving smoothly over uneven floors and changing floorings. It can effortlessly transition from soft carpet and linoleum to hardwood and tile. If you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-operate robotic vacuum and don’t require remote operation or Wi-fi connectivity, then the D80 should definitely be on your list.
- Patented technology: The Neato D80 is equipped with smart mapping and navigation systems that scan and map your home and clean it methodically.
- Laser-smart efficiency: Neato’s patented QNX operating system works with the built-in navigation system to work around obstacles and efficiently vacuum every part of your home.
- Corner-clever design: The D-shaped D80 is designed to fit into corners and reach hard-to-clean areas.
- Power suction: Powerful suction combined with a variety of brushes located in a highly efficient pattern ensure that every speck of dirt gets swept into the dust bin and stays there.
- Auto-charge and resume: The D80 automatically returns to its charging base when the battery runs low and resumes its cleaning run once the battery is fully charged.
- Large dustbin: The D80 has a surprisingly large dustbin. This means it can hold more dirt than other models before it is time for you to empty the bin.
- The D80 has a highly efficient navigation system.
- Laser technology allows the D80 to operate even in dim light.
- Strategically placed side brushes ensure that no crumb escapes the vacuum.
- It comes with 2 brushes designed to pick up hair and vacuum long-fiber carpet.
- You can restrict access to certain areas of your home by setting boundary markings.
- It runs on a NiCad battery that cannot be recycled.
- It has trouble operating on dark floors. (Its sensors think they are “cliffs.”)
- It comes with a high price tag.
|Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies||1,727 Reviews||Check Price|
Samsung POWERbot R7040
Samsung’s POWERbot is a slim vacuum that combines top-of-the-line mapping and navigation systems with efficient cleaning capabilities. It quickly adapts to the different type of floorings and has no trouble cleaning edges and corners. Its suction power makes vacuuming tiles especially efficient. It can be synced with Amazon’s Alexa for remote operation.
- Superior mapping and sensor technology: The R7040 reliably cleans your entire floor and transitions well from tile to carpet flooring. Its sensors map out the most efficient cleaning path and adjust to the changing landscape whenever you move your furniture. The app provides you with a coverage map so you can see which areas of your home has already been cleaned.
- Powerful suction: The R7040 delivers consistently strong suction for up to 60 minutes before it needs to recharge. Its patented CycloneForce technology provides consistent power and prevents clogging.
- Edge master: The R7040 is designed to thoroughly clean every corner and edge in your home. It features the widest brushes of the models introduced here, so it can clean a larger surface area in less time.
- Wi-fi connectivity: The R7040 comes with its own app, but you can also sync it with Amazon Alexa to voice-control the vacuum.
- It is slim enough to fit under most types of furniture.
- Efficient room mapping means quick and thorough cleaning.
- The built-in camera that maps your floors works in the dark, so you can run the vacuum at any time day or night.
- The motor runs extremely quietly.
- Its edge-cleaning ability is superior to that of other models.
- The dustbin is not very large, but it is easy to empty and clean.
- While its camera enables this vacuum to work in the dark, its sensors sometimes have trouble detecting black furniture. This means the vacuum will then run into it.
- There are times when the battery discharges in less than the 60 minutes that are advertised.
- It sometimes randomly loses its app connection, which disrupts your ability to control the vacuum.
|Samsung POWERbot R7040 Robot Vacuum, Works with Alexa||178 Reviews||Check Price|
Shark ION Robot 750
The Shark Ion 750 is particularly easy to operate. It comes with built-in Wi-fi capability and an app and can be smartphone-controlled. This means you can control and program the vacuum from anywhere. No need to worry if you forgot to program a cleaning run! It also has a smart navigation system and the technology to keep its brushes tangle-free and clean. This latter feature makes it an ideal vacuum for tile floors. Without tangles or clogs, the air will always get sucked into the vacuum, and you don’t have to worry about the dirt simply being blown across your tile floors.
- Remote control: This robotic vacuum can not only be controlled via its own app but also via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. This means you can start a cleaning run whenever you feel like it, rather than having to program it ahead of time.
- Smart navigation: The Ion 750 is built around a number of highly sensitive sensors that allow it to navigate even crowded spaces. It continuously adapts to new or changing surroundings and transitions effortlessly from one type of flooring to another.
- Tangle-free cleaning: The Ion 750 features an innovative self-cleaning system that automatically detangles long hairs, strings, or fibers from its brushes. This ensures a consistently high cleaning performance. The dual spinning side brushes make this vacuum especially efficient on tile flooring.
- Slim design: The Ion 750 is a particularly thin robotic vacuum that is sure to fit under most furniture in your home.
- It has a superior navigation system that works well in rooms with many pieces of furniture.
- Its app is very easy to use.
- It automatically recharges when the lithium-ion battery runs low.
- It operates in a seemingly random and unreliable cleaning pattern.
- It has trouble picking up larger pieces of debris.
- It only comes with one cleaning mode.
|Shark ION Robot Vacuum WIFI-Connected, Voice Control Dual-Action Robotic Vacuum Carpet and Hard...||951 Reviews||Check Price|
Best Choice – Robotic Vacuuming & Robotic Mopping Bundle
Use a robotic to help clean the house is your smart decision. The robotic vacuum helps to vacuum the floors automatically, then you could spend less time on vacuuming. But after the vacuuming, you still need to mop the floors. You may think, is there a device can help to mop? The answer is yes, such as the iRobot Braava Mopping model. Own a robot vacuum and a robot mopping must be the best choice to free you from hard cleaning work. Let’s take a look at what the Braava could do.
The iRobot Braava offers dry and wet cleaning modes. Such as the model iRobot Braava 380t is a good choice. And you could choose Roomba 890 plus with Braava 380t bundle, it’s also the official advice, and you could save about $150 bucks if you shop this bundle instead of buying them separately. Of course, it won’t replace the upright vacuum with steaming function, or a full-power vacuum. With these two models, it’s really very helpful for your daily vacuuming and cleaning. And could save you lots of time.
Braava could be used to maintain the hard floors for its mop function. Braava’s smart navigation tech will track where Braava has been and where it needs to go. It works great on hardwood floors or tile floors. Below are features of Braava 380t.
Features of iRobot Braava 380t
- Smart navigation – This cube-shaped device uses a GPS signal to map your floors and keep track of which areas have already been cleaned. Essentially, it functions as the robot’s eyes. You need to place it within the area you want the Braava to clean for it to work efficiently.
- Superior cleaning power – Because the Braava 380t has been specifically designed to work on hard-surface floors, it does so with great efficiency. In the dry sweeping mode, you use a white microfiber towel, and in the wet mopping mode, you use a blue towel. This difference in color ensures you will never confuse the two modes. Both cleaning pads are reusable.
- Easy controls – There is no need to worry about confusing controls with this robotic mop. It has only three buttons: one on the right for sweeping, one on the left for mopping, and one in the middle to turn it on and off. There is no remote control or Wi-fi connectivity.
- Removable cleaning pads – The two types of cleaning towels you use with the Braava 380t easily attach and detach via a magnetic setup.
- Turbocharge – The Braava 380t can sweep up to 1,000 ft.2 and mop up to 350 ft2. After this, it will recharge in only 2 hours to resume its cleaning run, if necessary.
- It works great on tile and hard floorings, like wood, marble, and laminate.
- It uses a GPS signal to clean in an efficient pattern.
- The microfiber towels are reusable, so you can use them more than once before throwing them out.
- The interface is designed for easy control.
- You cannot control it remotely or schedule cleaning runs ahead of time.
- It does not automatically return to its charging station. You have to make sure the battery gets recharged.
- The cleaning towels are small, so the Braava 380t is not an efficient solution for a large home.
- It is not powerful enough to handle large spills or big messes.
Let’s summarize why we like the five models introduced in this post.
- The Roomba 890 latest model in Roomba 800 series, is a great choice for a medium house, best value & best cleaning performance. It’s not that expensive and still provides many new features. Such as powerful air suction which is 5x than old series 600 & 700 for 800 series models are equipped with GEN 2 motor. Compared to old series, all 800 series are using 0 dirt detection tech and AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System. Otherwise, 600 & 700 series are using AeroVac System. The 890 model has a better cleaning performance.
- The Ecovacs Deebot M80 Pro is easy to use and comes with a decent number of built-in features, and is the best value model which is good at cleaning thin carpets and hard floors. It might not be as efficient on carpet or work as quickly as other models, but it functions well on tile floors and is a good choice for shoppers with a limited budget.
- The Roomba 980 models, the latest model of iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners. It’s is a high-end model, which means it’s expensive. But compared to the 890 models, it’s 5x mores air suction power and is equipped with iAdapt 2.0 and vSLAM tech, which supports Multi-Room cleaning. Meanwhile, it’s battery is a 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion battery, could running up to 120 minutes which is double twice than 800 series models.
- The Neato Botvac D80 gives you the most bang for your buck. It cleans very well and navigates effortlessly. It has no trouble picking up pet hair and cookie crumbs. While a little pricier than other models, the D80 is a great choice for any shopper who is looking for a great deal.
- The Samsung POWERbot R7040 is an efficient navigator that cleans two to five times faster than other models because of its excellent laser and mapping technology. If you are looking for a reliable vacuum that is sure to clean every corner of your home, this is it.
- The Shark ION Robot 750 is easy to operate, even without consulting its detailed user manual. It works well on both tile and hardwood flooring. The ability to control it via Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa is a pleasant feature, considering its low price tag.