Do you find that your laminate floors consistently get dirty despite your best attempts to get them clean? If so, then it may be time for you to invest in a robotic vacuum. This review post will help you find the perfect vacuum to fit your needs. You’ll find all the backgKey Features
round information you’ll need to make a wise purchase, and you will also learn which features and specifications are most important to look for when choosing a robotic vacuum.
More and more people are opting for robot vacuums that automatically clean and mop your home. There are several reasons to make the switch. Robot vacuums are easier and more convenient, plus the vacuum really does a great job at cleaning. With the following information, you will have no problem picking out the best vacuum that will help to clean your home in the most efficient way possible.
We will also review the 5 best robot vacuums for laminate floors so that you will have a good selection of models to begin your search with but before that, let’s learn about the soaring popularity of laminate flooring and go through a few tips to help you choose the best robot vacuum for your laminate flooring.
Table of Contents
- 1 Do You Need A Robotic Vacuum For Laminate Floors?
- 2 Why Should You Choose a Robot Vacuum to Maintain Your Laminate Flooring?
- 3 Choosing the Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors
- 4 The Top 5 Robot Vacuums for Laminate Floors
- 5 Comparison Table: Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Do You Need A Robotic Vacuum For Laminate Floors?
If you are just getting started on your vacuum-seeking journey, you might be wondering, “why exactly do I need a specialized vacuum to clean my laminate floors?” In order to answer that question, we need to explore how traditional vacuums are designed and how they work.
Most vacuums are designed to pick up dirt and debris from carpeted areas and dust from hardwood floors. By utilizing a combination of spinning brushes to loosen the dirt, vacuums use suction to suck up the dirt into a canister or bag. While this works great for loose particles, it’s not as effective with stubborn stains or dried-on residue, which are common cleaning obstacles you will face when maintaining hard surfaces, such as laminates. Vacuums that are designed specifically for laminate surfaces have different systems for loosening up these stains. They use extra strong suction and specialized washing systems that are designed specifically for hard surfaces. These systems allow them to clean up messes that a standard vacuum would leave behind.
Why Should You Choose a Robot Vacuum to Maintain Your Laminate Flooring?
Laminate flooring is an economical choice, it’s often cheaper than traditional flooring and it can be constructed using renewable, synthetic materials that are more durable than wood and less environmentally damaging than using lumber would be. Laminates also require less maintenance than other types of flooring, but they do need to be cleaned regularly, like any flooring, to prevent damage and warping. However, laminates can be sensitive to strong, caustic cleaners that can create streaks or damage the laminate so caution needs to be observed when choosing a cleaning product. Using a robot vacuum designed for laminate floors, like the models found on our list, means you can forget about all the maintenance issues. The robot takes care of everything and the cleaning agents they use are designed to be safe for use on laminate flooring.
Pet Messes Made Easy
One problem that people commonly have with their laminate floors is pet hair and fur. Your pet’s fur tends to get stuck on the laminate and it can be difficult to get it off, and it’s tough to get rid of even with the use of cleaning products. However, a robot vacuum designed for laminates usually have cleaning apparatuses that are specially designed to catch and pick up pet hair.
Choosing the Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors
A common mistake people make when shopping for a vacuum is to choose the model without taking their floors into consideration. The best model for your home varies greatly depending on what type of flooring you have in your home.
A vacuum cleaner that cleans your carpets well cannot be as effective on laminate floors. In fact, some of them can damage and scratch this type of surface. Choosing the right model for cleaning a laminate surface is not difficult if you know what features you need to look out for. The first thing you should do before setting out on a journey to find the perfect robot companion for your laminate floors is set your budget. Don’t spend more than you can afford. Here are a few more things to consider when shopping:
- Value. Before buying, think about how much money you are willing to spend on it and what is your budget. Expensive is not meaning great for you.
- Lightweight. When cleaning laminate floors you really want to look for a unit that is not very heavy, the lighter the better. A heavy vacuum can ride hard on its wheels, it can cause abrasions on laminate floorings so best to stay away from the very heavy models.
- Adaptability. Moving from cleaning one type of flor to another, like carpet to tile, means the machine has to change the way it cleans and the brushes it uses. Some machines can switch modes automatically, but If it doesn’t you’ll have to do it yourself everytime the vacuum cleans a different type of surface. Look for vacuums with various cleaning modes that will engage automatically for less hassle.
The Top 5 Robot Vacuums for Laminate Floors
Many households are installing laminate flooring in their homes or apartments. Laminate floors are economical and highly customizable. They are easy to install since they use no glue or nails, and they require little upkeep in comparison to genuine hardwood or tile. Even though you may have a vacuum that works excellently on your carpets it may not be the best choice for use on a laminate floor. Robot vacuum designed for use on laminate floors come in a wide range shapes and have a huge spectrum of varying features. Each model has its own unique set of strengths and weaknesses in their effectiveness. A few examples of common differences to look out for are bag vs. bagless, wet mop capabilities, and app connectivity.
When cleaning your laminate floors, you must be careful, and damaging your floor is a bad thing. When shopping for a new vacuum for your laminate floors, remember to double check the reviews of it. Here are top five good robot vacuums for laminate floors we picked out.
Comparison Table: Best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors
Laminate floors require special care and your vacuum must satisfy the requirements. The table below provides a summary of the best vacuums for laminate floors. However, many of these models are not strictly limited to laminates and can be used interchangeably on carpets and other surfaces. Use this comparison table as a reference on your search for the right model for you.
ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner
Sometimes we are just too busy to clean! In the past, that meant your house would get dirtier and dirtier until you finally found time to clean it. With the ILIFE V5s Pro RoboVac you will never have to take time out of your busy schedule to clean again. This technological wonder will do all of that dirty work for you! It vacuums and sweeps your home, plus with a built-in water reservoir, it can even mop your floors!
- Dry Vacuuming Sweeping: By swapping out the water reservoir for the included dustbin, you can initiate vacuuming sweeping mode to do an initial cleaning round before wet mopping. No need to sweep the floor. In MAX mode, powerful suction easily picks up dust, dirt, and debris.
- Automatically Dock And Recharge: This Robot vacuum automatically monitors its own power levels. The onboard CPU tells the vacuum when to dock and recharge, so it’ll always be ready to go. You can easily program the robot to operate on whatever schedule works for you and your home.
- Powerful Motor: The powerful motor has a MAX mode setting, for extreme suction, so it can pick up anything and everything with ease.
- Advanced i-dropping technology: Advanced mopping protocols that make for an even more effective clean.
- Four Cleaning Modes: There are four cleaning modes available that are specialized to meet a variety of cleaning tasks. Auto-Clean automatically cleans randomly based off the vacuums CPU; Spot Clean deep cleans in a centralized area for parts of the floor that may need special attention; Edge Clean cleans along the bottoms of the walls and floor moldings.
- Self-Rescue Technology: Large road-rover wheels with self-rescue technology prevent slipping and increase grip on uneven flooring
- Enhanced battery: An expanded battery increases V5s pro’s running time by up to 140 minutes.
- Sleek Design: The small, compact design of this Robot vacuum is great for going easily under furniture and other obstacles with ease.
- Quiet: This is a very quiet vacuum. It inconspicuously runs in your home with little noise and no fuss.
Why is it good for Laminate Flooring?
If you have laminate flooring, this model’s mop and vacuum combination make it a great choice. ILIFE V5s Pro is specifically designed for hard floors (wood/tile/laminate), and with its smart water tank installed, V5s Pro pulls out the deepest dirt and grime from your floors and keeps them immaculately clean every day.
NOTE: The mop pad needs to be cleaned after each use and MAX dry sweep mode should be used before running Wet Mop mode for maximum performance.
- Can be used on all floor types
- Long battery life
- Automatic dock and recharge
- Easy to program
- Very little noise
- Auto damp mop
- Easy to use
- Might miss some dirt, especially in corners
- Mapping isn’t great.
- Small dirt bin – you will need to empty often
- No virtual wall to keep it away from areas that are off-limits
If your home does not have any carpet and only bare floor then give the ILIFE V5 Pro a look. It has the comparable functionality to that of some of the high-end models. Though it does not include a smartphone app, the unit can still be programmed to operate on any customized schedule you might choose. Even though it lacks advanced cleaning pattern technology, it gets around wonderfully. You can set it and forget it, just remember to get electric chords and other obstacles off the floor for best results.
|ILIFE V5s Pro, 2-in-1 Mopping,Robot Vacuum, Slim, Automatic Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum, Daily...||4,022 Reviews||Check Price|
The Neato Robotics name has become well known throughout the world and it has quickly become one of the most respected names in the robotics industry. With a mid-range price and a durable construction, the Neato Botvac D80 has all of the high-tech features you would expect from a robot vacuum, and it’s designed to penetrate into the deepest fibers of your carpet to clean out even the most stubborn dirt and dust. Its sleek and stylish design fits right in with any modern décor, and it’s the perfect cleaning tool for both large and small spaces.
- Trademark Neato technology: Neato brand vacuums use lasers to scan and map your homes obstacles and barriers. Integrated navigation systems automatically clean, guiding the unit around your home without bumping into everything.
- D Shape featuring “Corner Clever” technology The Botvac’s unique “D” shaped chassis let’s in navigate into tight corners, and the “Corner Clever” feature reaches into corners and close to walls to grab loose hair and pet fur.
- Spin Flow Power Clean Technology: Combines potent suction and specialized brushes grab all the dust and debris your floors have to offer, leaving them sparkling and clean. This unit also includes an easy-change blade brushes and accessories so that you can customize the setup for a specialized clean. Its edge cleaning
- Power Management When this robot’s CPU detects that it’s running low on battery it automatically routes it to the docking station to charge before the unit loses power completely. When it’s finished charging, it resumes it’s cleaning cycle from exactly where it stopped to return to the charger. This robot doesn’t miss a beat, it efficiently cleans up to 3000 square feet of floor space per battery cycle.
- Laser Smart mapping and navigation system Scans and maps the room and floor plans use it for guidance so it won’t have to bump into everything in order to get its bearings.
Why Is It Good For Laminate Floors?
There are many high-end robotic vacuums that can’t match the performance of the D80 when it comes to cleaning laminate floors or collecting pet hair. The Power Clean Turn Stream design uses extraordinary suction and precise brushing to make your laminate floors look amazing.
- Great navigational capabilities
- Optimal hair pickup
- High-performance filter
- Largely sized dirt reservoir
- No HEPA filter
- No remote
- Difficulties with self-charge
- Gets stuck on furniture
This is a smart and powerful robotic, with high-performance cleaning system. Its specialized hair grabbing apparatus makes it a great choice for your pets. This Neato vacuum is fit for all floor types and could clean dirt, crumbs, dust bunnies, especially the pet hair. It’s D shape design could vacuum the corner autonomously, so you can go about handling your business while this little guy keeps your floors spotless. Its exclusive D-shape and corner-clever design help it destroys dirt where it hides, in the tightest corners, keeps all the nooks and crannies of your home clean and dust-free. It’s a perfect fit for homes with a variety of different floor types, but it’s especially great with hard surfaces, like laminates, and for picking up pet hair.
|Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies||3,209 Reviews||Check Price|
The Eufy Robovac 11 is a stand-out performer on laminate floors, but it is a little underwhelming when it comes to performance and features in comparison to more expensive devices. However, it’s a solid, value Robot vacuum that can help you keep your home clean and save you some time without breaking the bank.
- Circle Design: The Eufy RoboVac 11 has a traditional, circular shape, but it also features a tempered glass top to give it a modern look. However, it’s circular shape can be a hindrance when it comes to attacking corners. It’s a good choice if you have tight spaces or a smaller apartment that needs tidying up.
- Perfect Cleaning: The RoboVac model 11 is called the model 11 for a reason. It has eleven specialized infrared sensors that help to guide the device. It can also detect if the unit falls using a specialized drop sensor and its swivel wheels further increase durability. This thorough cleaning system can pick up a dense tangle of filth and hair after only a few cleanings. The brush is so effective that cleaning it needs to be cleaned manually, however, accessing the brush and the cleaning procedure is relatively easy.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass covers the top of the unit for protection. Infrared-sensor steers the unit around obstacles, and a drop-sensing sensor helps the unit avoid falls.
- Powerful Lithium Battery: The durable lithium-ion power unit gives you powerful suction that lasts for up to 90 minutes and the unit docks for recharge automatically.
- Remote: RoboVac comes with a remote control that’ll allow you to choose cleaning modes, schedule and ask it to return to the dock. When you compare it to the A4S it has a better layout with a larger LCD screen. Although it has more buttons the functionality remains the same. The remote needs 2 triple-A batteries which are not included.
Why Is It Good For Laminate Floors?
The Eufy Robovac 11 is a self-charging robotic vacuum cleaner with drop-sensing technology designed to pick up every speck of dirt on laminate or hardwood floors. it also does exceptionally well cleaning a low-cut carpet. The Eufy Robovac 11 uses a HEPA Style Filter to reduce pet fur, dander, and other allergens. It filters the air down to .03 microns for a clean, odorless, allergy-friendly house that you will feel proud of! This vacuums superior suction power makes it great for capturing dirt and debris on hard floors and surfaces. It’s advanced array of brushes and wands make it a stand-out on any service, put the super high suction makes it an even better choice for homes with laminates or tile.
- Picks up a lot of dirt and debris
- Remote is easy to use and allows for manual control
- Large dustbin
- Low profile
- Pet hair statically attracted to the chassis
- High maintenance
The RoboVac 11 offers no Wi-Fi connectivity or app control so you have no way of determining its route, it’s schedule, or why it’s alerting for help.Still, it is an affordable robot vacuum that lasted longer than any of the other budget vacuums we have tested. Plus, it works wonderfully well on laminate floors.
|eufy RoboVac 11, High Suction, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Drop-Sensing Technology and...||3,771 Reviews||Check Price|
The Roomba 890 is iRobot’s latest offering. It is the first and, so far, the only Series 800 robot vacuum that you can connect to your Wifi network, allowing you to control the unit through a smartphone app. It is also one of the best Roomba models for hardwood and laminate floors. Here are some key features of Roomba 890.
- iAdapt navigation: Roomba 890 features a comprehensive navigation system called IAdapt navigation, this system uses numerous sensors to guide your Roomba around obstacles and other potential hazards like stairs and furniture that the unit can’t fit underneath. Some of its sensors are even used to concentrate the clean on particularly soiled sections of floor, so the dirtiest sections of your floor can get the extra attention they need! iAdapt navigation gives you a thorough, hygienic clean and helps your robot stay on task with less downtime from getting stuck or facing hazards.
- AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System: Roomba 890 features AeroForce technology. AeroForce is a specialized cleaning system that uses three stages: agitate the dirt, extract the dirt from where it is trapped, and use suction to remove it. The extractor doesn’t use a brush, so it doesn’t get stuck or tangled up like other brush heads. The 890 also has side brushes to clean your walls and floor moldings, it brushes the side so that the debris can be knocked into the vacuums suction flow, where it can be sucked up and trapped.
- Gen 2 motor: This model also has gotten an upgraded motor that is a significant improvement over earlier Roombas. It’s up to 5x more powerful than the 600 and 700 series models. This next generation of motor improves cleaning function and is more reliable than the ones found on some older, lower-priced models.
- WiFi support: With optional WiFi support you can control the unit using a mobile app that’s available on your cell phone, so you can control your Robot vacuum from anywhere you can get a cell signal. The app features the ability to set customized cleaning schedules, turn the Roomba off/on, or even let if function autonomously so it won’t need user confirmation everytime it starts to clean.
- Dual mode virtual wall barrier: The Roomba 890 includes a virtual wall barrier, a handy device that pulses an infrared beam that acts as an invisible barrier that limits the 890’s operational area. It will not cross the virtual wall. This helps keep your robot out of trouble and away from hazards. Maybe you don’t want it to go in the bathroom, or to stay away from the pets water bowl, you can deploy the virtual wall wherever you want to keep your Rumba moving and away from potential problems.
Why Is It Good For Laminate Floors?
Roomba 890 is a great choice for laminate floors. It comes equipped with the Aeroforce cleaning system, which gives it increased suction for picking up loose dust and debris on hard surfaces like laminates. It has a soft side brush and a brushless debris extractor, so there’s no worry of your laminate floors get scratched or damaged.
- A powerful motor, with 1000 Pa suction power, cleans and catches dirt and dust from low and medium-height carpets.
- Scheduling and activation are controllable via your cell phone using a convenient app.
- Compatibility with virtual assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant.
- High capacity 750 ml dustbin means less emptying the dust tank.
- A high-efficiency, anti-allergen filtration system removes up to 99.97% of particles with a size of 0.3 µm.
- The virtual wall barrier prevents the Robot vacuum from entering an area you don’t want it to go.
- No path planning feature. It uses a random pattern protocol, basically trial and error, to figure out your home’s floor plan, so It takes longer to clean compared to devices with a “mapping” feature.
- This robot vacuum doesn’t have a mopping feature and can sweep only.
- It’s noisy but still quieter than a traditional upright vacuum.
Even without some of the fancier features available on higher-priced models, the Roomba 890 gives you floor a convenient and comprehensive clean at a reasonable price. The 890 is a value with Wi-Fi compatibility and voice control are just a couple of the many reasons to buy. This is a robust little robot vacuum that you can control from anywhere using your cell phone, a state of the art machine, for only a few hundred dollars.
|iRobot Roomba 890 Robot Vacuum- Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard...||1,409 Reviews||Check Price|
Our choice for the best all-around robotic vacuum for any home, especially for the large house, the little droid can take on any type of flooring surface and it gets extra kudos for the excellent cleaning job it does on laminates. The iRobot Roomba 980 offers the most comprehensive clean and a reasonable price, given the multitude of features.
- Extended Run Time: The 980 can run for up to 120 minutes without a charge, and when it needs a charge it will automatically dock itself to the base charger. It resumes cleaning once the battery is fully charged.
- iAdapt 2.0 Navigation: iAdapt 2.0 Navigation technology give this robot the ability to navigate your homes floor plans and obstacles with ease, it support multi-rooms cleaning. No trial and error protocol where the unit bumps into everything before it figures out the map, this smart vacuum automatically maps your floor plan and navigates your home using sensors.
- AeroForce Cleaning: AeroForce Cleaning gives this Robot vacuum up to ten times the suction power of comparable models. It’s for an ideal system for deep, luxurious carpets or rugs. Additionally, it’s extremely useful for removing trace amounts of dust off of hard surfaces like laminates.
- Tangle-Free Extractor: A Tangle-free extractor feature makes maintaining this model even easier. The extractors prevent certain types of debris, like pet fur, from obstructing brush rotation and it can hold up to extended use.
- 3 Phased Cleaning System: This model features a cleaning system that features three distinct phases: the first stage is “agitation” which disrupts settled on dirt, phase two is “brushing” which further scrubs surfaces and knocks disrupted dirt from the surfaces, and finally suction to clean up the mess. The process ensures that your floors come out sparkling without you having to lift a finger.
Why Is It Good For Laminate Floors?
If you have laminate flooring in the kitchen, wood floors in the living room, and carpet in the bedrooms, then the Roomba 980 is your huckleberry! This robot will clean all your surfaces with no fuss. Its superior suction power and cutting-edge technology combine to give you convenient and meticulous cleaning capabilities.
- It can be controlled remotely via cell phone by using an app or Amazon Alexa.
- Extra sensors, such as a floor-tracking sensor, allow the Roomba 980 to adeptly navigate the house.
- Easily switches between different flooring surfaces.
- Three step cleaning process ensures an effective, hygienic clean on any flooring surface in your home.
- Advanced features are available only through the iRobot Home app.
- No display or notification for remaining battery life.
- Noise level. It’s no obnoxiously noisy, but it’s hard to watch tv or talk on the phone while it’s in the room.
The iRobot Roomba is the most self-sufficient. This model is for you if you are hoping to come home to cleaner floors without having a lot of interaction with the vacuum. This Robot vacuum navigates through your home without your help, while other models often get stuck and trapped. Its features are very comprehensive so it’s a good value even at its relatively high price. It’s especially good for busy people who want to be able to set their robot up, forget about it, and come home to cleaner floors.
Conclusion: How to Choose the best Robot Vacuum for Laminate Floors
As you can tell, a lot of thought and consideration goes into choosing the best robot vacuum for your laminate floors and it is a decision that should not be taken lightly. You want to make sure that you do all of the research necessary to find the best vacuum to fit your wants and needs.
The Editor’s Choice: For our editor’s choice we chose the iRobot Roomba 980. The model took the gold because it has unmatched power in comparison to other models. This this is a powerhouse that can blast through even the largest homes and leave the floors looking brand new, and its effectiveness in picking up fur and hair makes it a no-brainer for any pet parent. The all-new brush has been redesigned reduce tangling and make cleaning even easier. It even comes standard with a HEPA filter that effectively filters microbes as small as 10 microns out of the air and trapped dirt catcher. Its state-of-the-art guidance system steers the little droid into every corner of your home, autonomously adjusting to the different surfaces on the fly, so you literally don’t have to do anything but schedule a cycle.
The Roomba 890 is a great option for lots of homes too. Its performance is very good, compared to the old series model, the air power is 5x times more. And it’s the only one model that supports WiFi.
If you are looking for a balance of value and functionality, the iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum will be one of the better options for you to choose from. Not only is it reasonably priced but it also includes an innovated water tank that gives it the same functionality as a damp mop on hardwood and laminate floor, giving you a more thorough clean with better results than some other models.
The Neato Botvac D80 is our pick for value since it offers the highest quality in ratio to its price. This little robot is versatile enough to handle any type of floors you may have, and it does a pretty good job picking up pet hair as well. It is a robot vacuum, which is still a relatively modern invention, so it’s still going to be out of a lot of people’s price range, but you won’t find a better dollar for dollar value for the money you will spend.
Despite having to prepare your floors before it cleans, the Eufy RoboVac 11 is a good entry-level vacuum because of its ease of use and effectiveness. It picks up even the smallest, most stubborn particles like kitty litter grains and pet hair off laminate floors leaving them clean and sparkling, making it a big help in any busy household. However, adjust your expectations. This isn’t a high-end robot vacuum that can do intricate area mapping and other specialized cleaning tasks.