Being a responsible swimming pool owner, you may already know that you need to clean your pool filter system, take a look at the water level, and keep proper pH levels, but is there anything left? Cleaning your pool’s floors, walls, and tiles and skimming dirt. All this could be a time-consuming job, particularly if you own a big pool. And this goes for In-Ground & Above-Ground Pool owners as well. That’s why finding the best pool cleaner is something that should not be taken for granted. Not all pools are created equal and neither pool cleaners. Do you need an Automatic Robotic Suction solution? Or do you need a pool cleaner that just skims the surface of the pool? You see? So for those looking for a little help, we created this Best Pool Cleaners Review to help you pick the right one for your pool.
The market place sells dozens of swimming pool cleaners, however, it is very important to choose the perfect fit for your swimming pool. Think about the following:
- A wide range of pool cleaners can certainly manage several swimming pool sizes.
- Certain pool cleaners operate using your existing filter system and water pumps.
- Some others need extra equipment.
- Several cleaners work very well on every pool surface, yet others can probably ruin your pool’s lining as well as other fragile areas.
- Either manual as well as powered alternatives exist.
- The appropriate pool cleaner can certainly prolong the lifespan of an in-ground swimming pool, however, the wrong one can surely lead to very expensive damages at the end of its very first season.
Table of Contents
- 1 DO IT ON YOUR OWN or maybe OUTSOURCE THE WORK?
- 2 HOW TO PICK THE BEST AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANERS
- 3 STYLES OF SWIMMING POOL CLEANERS
- 4 WELL-KNOWN BEST POOL CLEANERS WE SELECTED
- 4.1 BEST OF THE BEST – DOLPHIN NAUTILUS CC PLUS – ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
- 4.2 BEST VALUE & BUDGET – XTREMEPOWERUS 75037 – CLIMBS WALLS
- 4.3 BEST SUCTION CLEANER – ZODIAC BARACUDA G3 – RELIABLE AND CHEAP
- 4.4 BEST PRESSURE CLEANER– POLARIS VAC-SWEEP 280 – GREATER VACUUM POWER
- 4.5 ANOTHER GOOD SUCTION CLEANER – HAYWARD POOLVERGNUEGEN 896584000-013
- 4.6 BEST BUDGET FOR ABOVE-GROUND – (FLOOR, WALLS) HAYWARD 900 WANDA
- 4.7 BEST VALUE FOR INTEX AUTO POOL CLEANER
- 4.8 BEST FOR VINYL POOL – (GUNITE/PLASTER, VINYL, FIBERGLASS) – DOLPHIN PREMIER ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
- 5 AND SO, WHICH STYLE OF AUTOMATIC CLEANER MUST YOU CHOOSE?
DO IT ON YOUR OWN or maybe OUTSOURCE THE WORK?
Now, it requires a fair bit of effort to clean up a pool and also you’ll need to keep an eye on chemical levels regularly. Though, it’s worth it to always keep your swimming pool well-maintained as well as safe for use.
Several people outsource the job to pool cleaning companies regularly, however doing this can easily make a hole in your wallet.
Rather than paying too much on your swimming pool, you can certainly choose to perform the cleaning on your own. Using the appropriate tools, like a Robot Pool Cleaner, as well as learning about what and also just how frequently you really need to clean up your swimming pool, you can easily make it achievable.
DOING IT YOURSELF
Doing it on your own is really a wise choice and it might, in fact, be exciting. Listed below you can find a short list of pointers of just how to clean up and maintain your swimming pool clean:
- Skim the surface of your swimming pool using a leaf skimmer.
- Brush the sides of the swimming pool as well as the pool ladder.
- Vacuum the swimming pool as you would do it with a carpet.
- Vacuum at the very least once or twice a week or so.
For a full guide on how to clean your pool you can visit: How to Clean Pool and Choose Automatic Pool Cleaner
HOW TO PICK THE BEST AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANERS
Typically, when it comes the moment to purchase a pricey piece of swimming pool equipment, you may well ask yourself if they are interchangeable.
Could you make use of an aboveground cleaner on an inground pool? I guess you could, in case you do not mind that it will never climb up the wall surfaces and also understand that it might get trapped in the deep end. The second thing is, for suction and pressure cleaners, your swimming pool really should be somewhat small. Aboveground pool cleaners are typically more slowly than inground versions, therefore they will certainly take much longer to clean the swimming pool. And, in case you have a medium to large dirt load in an inground swimming pool, it may well overwhelm many aboveground swimming pool cleaners.
STYLES OF SWIMMING POOL CLEANERS
There certainly are 3 varieties of automatic cleaners on the market:
|Pool Cleaner Type||Pros||Pros|
|Robotic||Simple to use, and set up, plug and play.|
Appropriate for practically almost all swimming pool types, shapes, and surface.
Stand-alone unit runs separately from filtering system.
Takes care of almost all sorts of small and large dirt.
Planned cleaning available on various versions.
Gets Rid Of Wear on Swimming Pool Tools.
|Greater upfront price.|
Needs draining the built-in filter system.
|Pressure-Side||Comes with big self-contained bag.|
Effortlessly takes care of larger-sized debris for clog-free operation.
Appropriate for practically almost all swimming pool styles, shapes, and surfaces.
Planned cleaning available, making use of basic timer with booster pump or even pool automation.
Much lower Price.
Simple to use and Maintaining.
Fantastic for medium to large swimming pools.
|Relies on your pool's pump and filter.|
Needs a swimming pool pump to operate.
|Suction-Side||On-board pre-programmed cleaning sequence to scrub whole pool.|
Cleans practically almost all swimming pool shapes and sizes much faster.
Takes care of small to medium-sized dirt, including things like fine sand and debris.
Makes use of existing filtering system to run.
Very easy tool-free setup.
Very easy Maintenance. Increased Debris And Dirt Load On Filtering System.
|Needs the filter pump to run.|
Can certainly raise stress on swimming pool pump and filter system.
Several versions do not clean up steps.
WELL-KNOWN BEST POOL CLEANERS WE SELECTED
|Model||Rating on Amazon||Type|
|Zodiac Baracuda G3||4/5||Suction|
|Polaris Vac-Sweep 280||4/5||Pressure|
|Hayward Poolvergnuegen 896584000-013||4/5||Suction|
|Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale||3.5/5||Suction|
|Intex Auto Pool Cleaner||3.5/5||Suction|
BEST OF THE BEST – DOLPHIN NAUTILUS CC PLUS – ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
Ideal for In-Ground Pool – (Floor, Walls)
- Perfect for pools right up to fifty feet.
- Cleans all of the surface areas until the water line
- Scrubs Walls & Floors. Double Scrubbing Brushes. 2 scrubbing brushes powerfully attack difficult debris and dirt on your pool’s floor surface as well as wall surfaces keeping your swimming pool spotless.
- No Booster Pump Needed. 8 times more power efficient than pressure and suction cleaners helps you save on electricity with every single pool cleaning!
- The Large Top Filter Cartridges Are Very Easy to Clean
- Anti-tangle patented swivel cable enables your Dolphin to move all around your swimming pool easily.
- Hassle-free Cleaning. Set up your Dolphin’s automated weekly scheduler to clean up for you daily, every 2 days, or even every 3 days.
- CleverClean provides a clever and also effective clean making use of cutting-edge algorithms for full-pool coverage.
- LIGHT-WEIGHT DESIGN. Simple to lift and manage– just 19 pounds
- This user friendly one button operation in-ground pool cleaner is supported by an extended 2.5-year manufacturer’s assurance.
- DUAL-LEVEL FILTRATION. for the Cleanest Swimming Pool Possible. The dual-layer filtering system splits and filters tough, fine, and ultra-fine debris for extremely effective, clog-free filtering.
- Cleans wall surfaces & uneven surfaces.
- Super-efficient– costs about $0.15 per cleaning.
- Spring clean-up filter included.
- Silent operation.
- Plug-n-play– no pre-installation required, no hookups to pool system.
- Motor replacement is pricey.
- Small items can easily jam-up the drive (acorns, twigs).
|Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Easy to Clean Large Top Load Filter...||1,374 Reviews||Check Price|
BEST VALUE & BUDGET – XTREMEPOWERUS 75037 – CLIMBS WALLS
Above & In Ground Pool – (Floor, Walls)
- Environmentally friendly Model. Higher efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Cleans up almost all sorts of surface areas. The XtremepowerUS automatic vacuum handles a wide variety of swimming pool surface areas such as concrete, vinyl, and fiberglass. This versatility partly clarifies exactly why it has come to be significantly popular amongst swimming pool owners.
- Climbs up the wall surfaces of the swimming pool.
- Smooth and thick pleated seal (base plate) to clean up your pool carefully and completely, no matter the size, shape, or construction.
- Connects to your existing filtering system. Acts like a moving drain, moving much more water throughout the filtering system within a shorter time period.
- Suggested for in-ground/ above ground pool up to 16′ x 32′
- Needs at least a 3/4 hp pool pump or 1600ghp to work successfully
- 1 Year Warranty for Parts Replacement
- Capable of working several pool surface areas including tile, vinyl, fiberglass, and concrete.
- Stands out at cleaning up dust, dirt, and algae.
- Operating direction can be changed depending on your requirements.
- Will not have the ability to grab larger pieces of dirt.
|XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner - 75037||3,354 Reviews||Check Price|
BEST SUCTION CLEANER – ZODIAC BARACUDA G3 – RELIABLE AND CHEAP
In Ground Pool – (floors, walls, and steps)
- Works well with every swimming pool surface area.
- Silent, strong suction cleaner; it operates with low-speed pumps to achieve the greatest performance.
- Wipes out small as well as medium-sized dirt and also cleans the steps of your entire swimming pool as well as walls and floor.
- FlowKeeper Valve automatically controls water flow to keep top-cleaning efficiency despite having lower hp pumps.
- Wheel Deflector for movement all over tight corners.
- Scuff-resistant Long-Life Hoses get rid of scuffs on all of the swimming pool surface areas.
- 36-Fin Disk boosts adherence to pool surface area and also prevents getting hung-up on lights, drain covers, fittings, and other swimming pool components.
- Long Lasting Long-Life Diaphragm with reliable, one-moving-part technology
- Patented Quick-Release Cassette offers easily simplified regular maintenance.
- Easy installation.
- Runs just as well w/high- as well as low-pressure pumps.
- 36 fins increase adherence to pool floor surfaces, steps, walls.
- Will never leave scuff marks on cleaned surface areas.
- Setting up and operation directions can be more clear. In some cases it requires assistance toward shallower parts of the swimming pool.
- Has a tendency to perform a figure-8 cleaning sequence without having assistance.
- It utilizes the pool’s pump and as a result the pump’s filter container will certainly need to get cleaned up more frequently than normal.
|Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner||1,959 Reviews||Check Price|
BEST PRESSURE CLEANER– POLARIS VAC-SWEEP 280 – GREATER VACUUM POWER
In Ground Pool – (Floor, Walls)
- Its light-weight style makes it perfect when it comes to cleaning up walls and stairs, as well as the floor.
- Powered by dual jets, cleans up a swimming pool a lot faster (3 hrs. or even less).
- Runs with all in-ground swimming pools of every size and shape.
- One-of-a-kind filter bag gets rid of dirt just before it gets to your pump container or filter.
- Sweeps, scrubs, and vacuums the floor and walls of your swimming pool.
- Includes 31 feet of feed hose; geared up with single-chamber filter bag for catching larger-sized debris.
- Runs off a booster pump (offered separately).
- Runs fast.
- Gets rid of a variety of dirt.
- Very simple to empty.
- Needs add-on products, like a rear sweep tail, for complete functionality.
- Very high maintenance.
- Very expensive.
ANOTHER GOOD SUCTION CLEANER – HAYWARD POOLVERGNUEGEN 896584000-013
In Ground Pool – (Floor, Walls, Coves)
- With the 2-wheel drive it cleans up swimming pools that can be as big as 16 by 32.
- It has Patented turbine vanes that are self-adjusting offering optimal strength at virtually any flow and also allows flow of large dirt.
- The exclusive tire treads provide improve climbing and also helps with obstacle management.
- Exclusive flexible roller skirt enhances suction on irregular surface areas.
- Multiple pre-programmed built in steering patterns guarantee full swimming pool coverage.
- Ideal for swimming pools of all sizes and shapes.
- Easy debris control.
- Much better pool coverage.
- Very affordable price.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Restricted capability for the collection of large volumes of dirt.
- Configurations require to be manually changed prior to automated use.
- Portability complications because of the added weight.
|Poolvergnuegen PV896584000013 Hayward 896584000-013 The Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum,...||1,481 Reviews||Check Price|
BEST BUDGET FOR ABOVE-GROUND – (FLOOR, WALLS) HAYWARD 900 WANDA
Great value for the money!
- This swimming pool cleaner comes with the one-of-a-kind SmartDrive (a programmed guiding system to clean your swimming pool much better and a lot faster).
- Wanda the Whale has a unique turbine/gearing system (that guarantees smooth movements at the swimming pool floor as well as balanced yet continuous water flow).
- The Suction-side Cleaner has a contoured head design (to speed up steering sequence).
- The Hayward 900 features an elegant bumper ring (to decrease abrasion and drive it far from walls).
- This Automated cleaner comes with slotted Santoprene shoes to allow it to turn much faster.
- It is actually easy to set up and run.
- It can easily deal with tiny and also large dirt.
- It has a SmartDrive technology that cleans up each and every part of the swimming pool.
- It enhances water flow.
- Needs no extra tools to operate.
- It simply cannot clean small swimming pools.
- The setup is permanent (you can not uninstall the cleaner).
|Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale Suction Above-Ground Pool Cleaner (Automatic Pool Vacuum)||1,692 Reviews||Check Price|
BEST VALUE FOR INTEX AUTO POOL CLEANER
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner – Good for Above Ground Swimming Pool
- Dimensions are 13.4 x 12.2 x 23.4 inches
- Weighs 15.3 pounds
- Pressure-side swimming pool cleaner
- Completely automated
- Needs filter pump along with a flow rate between 1,200 GPH to 3,500 GPH
- For Intex swimming pools only
- For above-ground swimming pools only
- 4 small wheels
- Hose has a total height of 24 feet
- Small brush
- Dirt net
- Skimmer container
- Pool pump filter
- Easily transportable
- Cleans dirt and sand
- Not suitable for inground swimming pools
- Not suitable for no-Intex swimming pools
- The dirt net, skimmer basket, and pool pump filter require detailed cleaning regularly
- The small wheels might not work if the swimming pool has wrinkles
- Will only run on soft surface areas
- Not practical for people who have round swimming pools more than 24 feet size and rectangular swimming pools more than 18 feet size
BEST FOR VINYL POOL – (GUNITE/PLASTER, VINYL, FIBERGLASS) – DOLPHIN PREMIER ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER
Ideal for In-ground Swimming Pools – Up to 50 Feet
- Swappable Filter Media. The Dolphin Premiere could be customized for any type of cleaning requirement by swapping-out its filter cartridge media.
- The Premier features SmartNav software to lead it on an ideal cleaning path all around your swimming pool.
- Anti-Tangle Swivel Cable.
- HyperGrip Continuous Rubber Tracks.
- PowerClean Brushes.
- Modular Design/ Very Simple to Repair.
- Top-notch cleaning
- Cleans every little thing, from leaves to dust and algae
|Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner with Powerful Dual Scrubbing Brushes and Multiple Filter...||435 Reviews||Check Price|
AND SO, WHICH STYLE OF AUTOMATIC CLEANER MUST YOU CHOOSE?
The absolute most reliable automatic cleaner is actually a robotic pool cleaner. These self-contained devices drive all around the floor of your swimming pool picking up dirt. The only disadvantage, though, is they are likely to be high-priced.