There are actually numerous reasons you might not want to carry around a heavy vacuum cleaner. Perhaps you need to regularly drag the vacuum cleaner upstairs. Maybe arthritis makes every added pound a true pain, or perhaps the vacuum cleaner is not simply for a senior relative. That’s the reason why it is exceptionally crucial to get the very best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners for Elderly and Seniors.
It’s not hard to try to find vacuum cleaners under 10lbs. The obstacle is actually that most light-weight vacuum cleaners don’t perform very well. Fortunately, there are a number of standouts which are both powerful and light.
Choosing the very best vacuum is also dependent on personal choices, so right here are our recommendations and suggestions. However, ultimately, it is actually the user who will pick the ‘most ideal’ vacuum cleaner depending on her/his very own personal preferences and needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 Some Things You Need to Take into Account When Choosing the Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners for Elderly And Seniors
- 2 Here Are the Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners for Elderly and Seniors We Recommend
- 3 Best Overall – Lightweight Upright Vacuum – Oreck Commercial XL Commercial XL2100RHS – Helping Hand handle for Arthritis
- 4 Lightweight and Anti-Allergy – Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 Upright Vacuum – HEPA for Carpet and Hard Floor
- 5 Best Combo – Light and Slim eufy BoostIQ 11S Robot Vacuum + Shark Navigator Freestyle Light Upright Stick SV1106
- 6 Best Value/Budget and Lightweight – Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Stick Vacuum
- 7 Lightweight and Powerful Stick Vacuum – Dyson V7 Animal– Cordless, Handheld, and Powerful
- 8 Some Tips for Using Lightweight and/or Robot Vacuum Cleaners
- 9 Conclusion
Some Things You Need to Take into Account When Choosing the Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners for Elderly And Seniors
Weight – The weight of the vacuum is actually one of the most crucial required features when choosing the greatest light-weight vacuum for seniors. In case the vacuum cleaner is actually heavy, elderly people might have problems when making use of it, and particularly when needing to take it up as well as down the stairs.
Power Source – Cord-less vacuum cleaners are actually much easier to use because there is no cord to pull all around. Having said that, this suction in many cases is actually not as powerful as the suction of corded vacuum cleaners.
Bagless or Bagged – Non-reusable vacuum cleaner dust bags are simple to use and also sometimes they are cleaner than dirt removal from bagless vacuum cleaners. Reusable dirt bags may be rather messy whenever emptying. For short, choose bagless units or maybe units with inexpensive non-reusable dirt bags.
Convertible or Not – Lots of lightweight stick vacuum cleaners are actually made as 2-in-1 units. They may be used as light-weight stick vacuum cleaners for cleaning up flat surface areas and also as portable units for cleaning up stairs, bookshelves, upholstery, furniture, etc.
Cleaning Accessories – Required accessories depend upon the surface areas that have to be cleaned up. But typically, an excellent main cleaning head is actually needed for cleaning up bare floors and carpets and a crevice tool together with a dusting brush are definitely needed for cleaning up raised surface areas.
Air Filtering – True HEPA vacuum cleaners get rid of 99.97% of 0.3 microns as well as larger particles from the air flow and then exhaust virtually clean air. Having said that, true HEPA air filtering comes with few downsides too, such as larger airdrop on the air filters, much more pricey filters, more costly vacuum cleaners and similar.
Here Are the Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners for Elderly and Seniors We Recommend
Best Overall – Lightweight Upright Vacuum – Oreck Commercial XL Commercial XL2100RHS – Helping Hand handle for Arthritis
Lots of people like the ‘rocket-like’ Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS due to several reasons. This light-weight upright strong vacuum cleaner is actually perfect for seniors cleaning up low-pile carpets, and also it’s suggested as the most effective vacuum cleaner for arthritis sufferers.
Here are some of the features
- Features an automatic floor surface adjustment, which allows you to hoover and steer the vacuum cleaner between low carpets and hard surfaces easily making it a great choice for seniors.
- For ease of use reasons, Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS’s on/off switch lies at the handle.
- The vacuum cleaner’s brush spins at a really high speed of 6,500 RPM, making vacuuming a satisfying activity.
- As you clean up your home, Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS pulls dirt and other debris closer to the dust cup for quick and easy dirt collection.
- It is perfect for those suffering from arthritis.
- Fast collection of debris.
- Modern design.
- Tactical positioning of the on/off switch.
- It is definitely upright, and with Exclusive Helping Hand Handle on the top, perfect for elderly people with back issues.
- Very easy to put together.
- Outstanding suction power.
- Long cord is actually great for commercial users.
- The 40-ft power cord might not be practical for those in small spaces.
- The wheels are certainly small.
|Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS 8 Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum||3,933 Reviews||Check Price|
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 is actually a bagless vacuum cleaner that is really budget-friendly for many. This vacuum cleaner combines a canister as well as upright vacuum to provide you the lift-away function. It is fantastic for seniors who are affected by allergies because the entire vacuum is actually sealed and also has a true HEPA filtering system incorporated into the design. A sealed unit guarantees that whenever you vacuum the dust off of your floor surfaces, it is really sealed within the dirt cup. By being sealed, it also guarantees that allergens are certainly decreased as the air travels through.
- Features lift-away functions that splits the canister body from the floor base.
- Makes use of cyclonic technology or the so-called “never loses suction” technology.
- Makes use of a HEPA filtering system and a washable foam filter.
- Swivel steering.
- Brush roll on/off button makes it functional on bare floor.
- Dirt cup will certainly hold up to 1.2 dry qt (as high as the fill line) but Shark states it offers a real capacity of 3.0 dry qt.
- 1,200 watt motor.
- 25 ft power cord.
- Effortless to steer.
- Outstanding suction.
- 4 accessories.
- Adjustable beater bar.
- Washable filters.
- Sealed system.
- Falls quite easily.
- Canister is large.
- Bristles often tend to scratch quite easily.
- No height adjustment.
- Not self-propelled.
- 25 ft power cord .
|Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum for Carpet and Hard Floor with Lift-Away Handheld HEPA Filter, and...||5,721 Reviews||Check Price|
This is a great combo for seniors due to their Robot vacuum, light weight, versatility and functionality. Let’s take a look:
A.- eufy BoostIQ 11S – It has a great design that allows it to clean underneath beds and furniture etc. rather easily. Furthermore the price tag of this particular unit is not very high as many of the best robotic vacuum cleaners. eufy 11s is a great unit that can clean up medium pile carpets and rugs and hard floors.
- All-New Roove: Re-engineered to be the slimmest * Roove (2. 85 inches) but with silent operation as well as boosted suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically boosts suction power in just 1. 5 secs whenever extra vacuuming power is required to get the most effective clean.
- A Silent Clean: Cleans hardwood floors with powerful, consistent suction at a volume absolutely no louder than a working microwave oven.
- Strong suction.
- It is able to clean pet hair.
- Awesome battery life.
- It auto recharges.
- Zero smart features.
- Certainly not WiFi enabled.
- It can not be controlled with Alexa or Amazon.
|eufy Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim), Super-Thin 1300Pa Strong Suction, Quiet, Self-Charging...||16,370 Reviews||Check Price|
B.- Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 – The Shark Navigator Freestyle stick vacuum cleaner performs very well on both carpet as well as bare floor, it comes with strong suction power and it is really easy to steer. We liked just how easy it really was to clean up the dirt cup, which clicks on and off using a button on the top of the stick.
- 14.4 volt nickel metal hydride battery.
- Swivelling head makes this vacuum easy to maneuver.
- Large size simple to empty dirt cup.
- Requires about 4 to 7 hrs to recharge.
- 2 speed setups for bare floor and carpet.
- 12 min work time on bare floor and 17 min work time on carpet.
- Light-weight at just 7 lbs.
- Features swivel steering which makes it extremely maneuverable.
- It can easily clean up larger sized debris due to the fact that it has an opening at the center of the base.
- Rubberized wheels reduce scraping on hard surface areas.
- Performs very well on both carpet and hard surfaces.
- Well priced.
- Fairly short charge time.
- Detachable battery that is simple to replace.
- Rather short run time, mainly for carpet.
- It can not be utilized to deep clean.
- It includes just a 1 year warranty.
- The Power button can be shut off accidentally.
|Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum for Carpet, Hard Floor and Pet with...||6,690 Reviews||Check Price|
Best Value/Budget and Lightweight – Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Stick Vacuum
This is actually an incredible light-weight as well as manoeuvrable vacuum for seniors that can do it all. The Eureka BLAZE 3-in-1 Dustbuster looks like the perfect compromise, with a suitable variety of functions at an inexpensive price.
Here are some of the features:
- 3-In-1 style with on-board crevice tool lets you personalize your vacuum cleaner for your requirements. At just 4 lbs, you can easily take the Eureka blaze everywhere.
- Eureka’s Signature swivel steering enhances maneuverability as well as cleaning effectiveness if compared to conventional stick vacuums.
- Eureka’s capture nozzle grabs much larger debris easily compared to other stick vacuum cleaners that push much larger debris all around. Ideal for area rugs, low pile carpets, and hard floors.
- Strong 2 amp motor grabs debris such as pollen and dust, while the washable filtering system catches particles and enhances air quality.
- 18 ft Power cord and X-Large dirt cup guarantee you finish the job faster – say goodbye to outlet hopping or regular trips to the trash bin using the Eureka blaze.
- Strong suction.
- Suitable for all surfaces.
- 3-in-1 advantage.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- Lengthy power cord.
- Very easy to maintain.
- Extraordinary value for money.
- Not as practical as a cordless.
- Does not have a motorised brush.
|Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner Dark Black||13,388 Reviews||Check Price|
Lightweight and Powerful Stick Vacuum – Dyson V7 Animal– Cordless, Handheld, and Powerful
If you are a senior with pets you know that our muddy-pawed, fur-moulting friends have constantly required the very best in home vacuum technology. Powerful suction, big motors, dedicated tools as well as floor-heads along with rotating brush bars are definitely a must.
- Strong and fade-free suction thanks to the V8 motor and 2 tiers of radial cyclones.
- Dyson’s direct-drive cleaner head for fantastic carpet pickup.
- Clean bin unloading system that pushes dirt and dust out of the canister.
- Turns into a hand held vacuum cleaner for above-floor clean-up.
- Mini motorised tool for cleaning up car interiors, hair on sofa or stairs.
- Outstanding filtering system to always keep allergens caught within the canister.
- Docking terminal for storage and charging.
- Class-leading suction power.
- Excellent floor head style.
- Effective pet hair pick-up.
- Mini-tool for dog beds, upholstery.
- Effortless emptying bin.
- As much as 40 min run-time.
- Wall dock charger.
- Bin relatively small for pet homes.
- V8 Absolute far better for hard floors.
|Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Iron||1,067 Reviews||Check Price|
Some Tips for Using Lightweight and/or Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Consider Prevention First of All
- Put doormats at each access point of your house.
- Comb your pets and also get them groomed to minimize indoor shedding too.
- Vacuum small messes instantly before they are actually spread throughout the house.
Work With Gravity Thus Clean Up From The Top Downward.
When cleaning, constantly keep in mind to use the law of gravity to your advantage by cleaning up an area from the top downward. Cleaning up your floor surfaces must always come last.
Make Use Of Your Vacuum Add-ons.
Use your vacuum cleaner accessories to keep your upholstery, baseboards, lampshades, window screens, and curtains clean too.
Perform A Brief Clean-up Before Your Robot
They perform better with a floor which is actually free from the obstacles that family members tend to throw around.
Always Keep Your Robot Well-maintained
Keep your robot vacuum cleaner in great shape by providing it a complete cleaning every now and then to guarantee that dust sensors as well as other electronics are definitely clear and everything is functioning properly.
Hold Your Horses & Relax
Often times it might look like your robot is not reaching the spot that you really want it to clean-up the most, but simply take it easy, it will definitely get there.
Using a vacuum could be tough if you live with persistent pain from arthritis. Simply put, it hurts. Yet, there are certainly a number of lightweight, ergonomic, or self-propelled vacuums that make the task much easier. Take a look at all available vacuums prior to selecting the very best one for you. Review their characteristics and try them out in the establishment in the case that you can. Your carpet will certainly stay cleaner in case you pick the best one for you and everybody understands that a clean floor will make you feel a lot better.