One of the most common problems you will find amongst most homeowners is the need for a good canister vacuum cleaning product. What is also most common amongst these homeowners is the tedious and sometimes, the overwhelming process of the picking out the best one, especially when working on a budget. Going into an equipment store to make a choice can be an equally, difficult task as one becomes dazed from all the available options on display. Therefore, in this article, we are going to attempt to highlight a few points on those things one can look out for when trying to get the best canister vacuum cleaner for your home.
This article will cover the following:
- Why You Should Choose a Canister Vacuum Cleaner for most of your flooring types
- Key Features to Look Out for When Choosing a Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Bagged vs Bagless)
- The Best Model to Look Out for when you go shopping to avoid getting a vacuum cleaner for the wrong flooring.
- Other Good Models: Pros and Cons
- Top 6 Best Canister Vacuum Cleaners’ Comparison Table showing you differences in all vacuum cleaners.
- Conclusion: Shopping Guide to help you decide on the best Canister vacuum suitable for your flooring.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Need a Canister Vacuum?
- 2 Key Features to Look Out For – Choosing Guide
- 3 The Best Canister – Miele Complete C3 Marin – Electrobrush for all Floor
- 4 Best Value – BISSELL Zing 2156A – Bagless
- 5 Other Good Models
- 6 Comparison Table of Top 5 Canisters
- 7 Conclusion – Buying Instruction
Why Need a Canister Vacuum?
First and foremost, there is no one who wouldn’t want a clean environment, free of dirt, dust, germs, and bugs. This should necessitate the need for a good vacuum cleaning product. A Canister vacuum is, therefore, the best choice when it comes to cleaning really large areas. With a great motor, powerful suction, and overall top-notch efficiency, it is touted as having the ability to access areas that are difficult to see with the mere eye. They have better maneuverability, as they are able to move around obstacles, furniture and very tight corners with ease, than a conventional upright vacuum cleaner. They also come equipped with a variety of tools like crevice nozzle and a mechanized brush for upholstery, carpets, and rugs. Another plus to it is its lightness in weight and sound insulation.
The use of Canister vacuums has gone beyond the hard floor surfaces it was initially meant for, most of which include tile and hardwood floors. Over the years, Canisters have developed to a point where they have air driven or motorized brush bar tools which can also help in doing carpeting.
Only a few vacuums are flexible, but Canister vacuums are mainly preferred because they are flexible, lighter and easier to maneuver than uprights helping them reach further underneath furniture. Homes with staircases are advised to use Canister Vacuums because of their long hose and separate head of a Canister Vacuum cleaner. Plus, Canister vacs can be used on drapes, upholstery and car interiors.
However not all models of Canister vacuums can compete with Uprights when it comes to carpeting, especially with carpet that has a high pile, but for homes with stairs, hard floors, tight corners Canister vacuum cleaners are considered the best choice. Want to know to choose a canister or upright vacuum for your house? Check this article: “Vacuums: Canister vs. Traditional Upright – Which is Better for You?“.
Homes that are carpeted are considered to prefer Upright vacuum cleaners, this is due to their considerable suction power and also a wider cleaning path than a canister vacuum cleaner. The main problem of the Upright vacuum cleaners is their weight and the difficulty involved in maneuvering.
Key Features to Look Out For – Choosing Guide
Bagged vs. Bagless Canister Vacuum
The first thing to take into consideration when going for a canister vacuum cleaner is that they come in two systems: a bagged or bagless system.
They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Here are the main points to consider for each of the systems:
This system comes with an in-built bag system. The obvious advantage of bagless vacuums is that you won’t need to buy bags, which makes it far easier and money-saving. They are quite easy to use, and even to repair in the event it gets broken.
The downside of the bagless system is that emptying the dirt chamber leaves you without a tidy bag and might not be the ideal product for allergy sufferers.
The convenience that comes with disposing of a dirtbag is the upside of this kind of system. A bagged cleaner bar increases your chances of bumping into one with top-notch filters. if they come with a good HEPA filtration system making them ideal for allergy sufferers.
Additional key points that you might want to consider
- Vacuum heads with spinning brushes are wonderful for cleaning carpets, especially if you have pets with heavy furs.
- Before making your purchase, take some time to read some of the customer reviews and see what others have had to say about it.
- Your home floor type matters when picking a canister vacuum product.
- Allergies suffer
The Best Canister – Miele Complete C3 Marin – Electrobrush for all Floor
The Miele C3 Marin canister vacuum, the best vacuum cleaner we picked out, is made with quality German materials is completely bagged. Unlike some Canister vacuums, this model has an Electro Premium Electro-brush which is ideal for cleaning carpeting, rugs, and smooth flooring. The maneuverability of this new model is despicable, it includes the Parquet Twister which provides 180o rotation for the model but also very good-smooth surfaces. The Marin also includes a foot switching mode for easy access and also a self-adjusting automatic setting which detects when you transit from hardwood to carpeting and vice-versa.
From long hours of testing and observation, it is safe to say that of all the canister vacuum cleaners around, The Miele C3 Marine beats out the competitions with a better suction power, ease of use, and maneuverability.
- Self-adjusting suction power – When change from hardwood floors to carpet floor, it will increase the suction power automatically. When return to hardwood floors, it decreases.
- Long electric cord
- Wide cleaning radius
- HEPA air clean filter
- Good for all flooring types
- Bagged, good for allergy sufferers
- Difficult to maintain
- Small bag size
|Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum Cleaner - Corded||132 Reviews||Check Price|
Best Value – BISSELL Zing 2156A – Bagless
- Versatility – Its head is multi-surface, and is suitable for hard floors and carpet floors, and easy to switch through the flip.
- Bagged – This Canister vacuum cleaner is bagged, so no need to replace the bag. Just empty the dirt cup when it is full, and the operation is very easy. The dirt cup is transparent, so when the cup is full, you can easily
- Cord Automatic Rewind – The cord will rewind automatically through the foot button.
- Lightweight Design – Easy to lift it up when you want to move to another room.
- Come with Crevice Tool + Dusting Brush
- 3 stage filtration – Dirt cup filters and a post-motor filter. They could capture lots of dust and particles in your home.
- Cheap – Though the price of this model is under $100, its quality and performance are still good. The Bissell brand’s 140 years cleaning history guarantees that.
- No motorized brush
- Shorter hose
- Only 1 year
|Bissell Zing Canister, 2156A Bagless Vacuum, Green||3,436 Reviews||Check Price|
Other Good Models
On the market, there are other types of vacuum cleaners that could really come in handy for the type of flooring you have in your homes. Some of these vacuum cleaners can be good on hardwood and others on smooth flooring but taking a look at their features, pros, and cons listed below can really help in choosing the best for the type of flooring your homes have.
Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor – Self Pick Up – 19 Compact Cyclones – Powerful Suction
The Dyson “Big Ball” Multi floor canister vacuum, which is a bagless, relatively modern vacuum cleaner. This vacuum is equiped with Radial Root Cyclone tech to increase suction power and dirt separation. This Big Ball features a Carbon filter turbine head could pick up fine dust.
- Features in many techs – Radial Root Cyclone™ tech + Ball™ Tech + Self Pick Up + Carbon filter turbine head
- Multi Floor Type
- Glides along easily and can change directions easily
- 360° articulation
- Large bin
- Easy to empty the dust bin
- 5-year warranty for vacuum parts and labor
- Its “big ball” features which are said to be one of its biggest selling points has actually become one of its drawbacks, as makes it almost impossible to get the head underneath furniture.
Miele Complete C3 Alize
The Miele Complete C3 Alize is a quality top-of-the-line German product built with top quality materials. A very powerful but yet lightweight canister vacuum is able to clean all kinds of surfaces, from hard floors to carpet with super effectiveness. It features a sealed bag system and uses a metal wand. It is equally most suitable for allergy suffers for its ability to always keep allergens properly bagged and sealed inside. The Miele Complete C3 Alize canister vacuum cleaner is often more expensive than their canister counterparts because of these exclusive features.
- 1,200 motor, very powerful
- Motorized floor tool, great for carpeting
- A versatile tool set to choose from depending on your need
- Good for allergy suffers for its sealed system
- They are usually very expensive
- short power cord
- You will have to change bags quite often
Bissell Hard Floor Expert 1161
The Bissell 1161 hard floor expert deluxe is a bagless canister vacuum is one of the cheap models of the canister that you can trust. This dual-power button vacuum cleaner is ideal for homes that having mainly hard floors. The Turbine Hard Floor Brush is air driven that offers powerful suction. This model is equally ideal for carpets, upholstery, stairs, curtains and more. It is very lightweight and compact in size, this can be easier when going about cleaning chores. A very versatile vacuum that let you moves easily, swivels nicely for getting under obstacles and furniture.
- Great suction, lightweight, compact and user-friendly vacuum with many attachments for different floor types.
- A versatile vacuum which could be moved easily, and could clean under furniture
- Ease to operation
- It is very affordable & easy to assemble.
- The retractable power cord that operates with just push of a button.
- The dirt tank fills up quicker than expected.
- The power cord is not quite long enough.
- It uses a pre-motor foam filter instead of using the industry standard HEPA filter.
|Bissell Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum Cleaner Machine, 1161||892 Reviews||Check Price|
Comparison Table of Top 5 Canisters
|Models||Best Model - Miele C3 Complete Marin||Best Value - BISSELL Zing 2156A||The Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor||Miele Complete C3 Alize||Bissell Hard Floor Expert 1161|
|filteration||HEPA AirClean filter||Post Motor Filter||HEPA||HEPA||HEPA|
|Highlight Pros||All Floor Type||Cost Effective Price||All Floor Type||Powerful Motor||Great Suction|
|highlight cons||Small bag size||Short Warranty||Short Power Cord||Short Power Cord||Short Power Cord|
|warranty||5 Years||1 Year||5 Years||7 Years||2 Years|
You can see from all the items highlighted above, deciding on how to go about getting the best canister vacuum cleaners shouldn’t be much of a herculean task. Can we really say a model is the best canister vacuum cleaner? I guess not. It depends on what you are looking for coupled with factors like budget and taste. From the article, you are now aware of the key features to look out for when choosing a canister vacuum cleaner, the best models out there, their pros and cons, as well as a comparison table, to further help you refine your choices.
Conclusion – Buying Instruction
Before we wrap it up a notch, we will again, summarize succinctly the various models talked about, their prices and why you should consider them when next you are out, in search for your next canister vacuum cleaner.
The Dyson Big Ball Animal
You will definitely want to consider going for this “big boy”, as it is by far, the best option available in the market. Has a better and consistent suction power, lifts of dirt and stubborn debris from just about any kind of surface a lot faster and smoother making its maneuverability second to none.
Miele Complete C3 Alize
This full option “German Beast” is a quality top-of-the-line, built with only the best quality materials. With a 1,200 motor, motorized floor tool, main floor tool swivels and a sealed system that keeps dust tightly trapped inside, it’s obvious the C3 didn’t come to play. And for its exceptionally high price, you can see where all that money goes into. If you are not working on a budget and have a lot more cash to splurge around with, we recommend you go for this product. It starts at around $649 and is the least asking price for its range of canister products.
Bissell Hard Floor Expert 1161
Great suction, lightweight, compact and user-friendly vacuum with many attachments for different floor types. You can tell this is a great offer. Its affordability and easy to assemble features are just one of the tempting factors to consider when trying to pick a canister vacuum. At $149, we think you will get a great deal from this product.