Each year we see greater vacuum technology and advancements that make the agonizing chore of vacuuming easier and faster. From special filters and more powerful suction to smart technology, every part of a vacuum is being improved. And we’ll take it, thank you. Now there are both bagged and bagless models of vacuums, which has brought up a question of which version is better. Thankfully we’re here to answer this question in detail and provide a list of the best bagless vacuums on the market today.
Table of Contents
Why a Bagless Vacuum?
Both bagged and bagless vacuums have their benefits. Bagged vacuums can hold a large amount of dirt. The bags are also are easy to discard, reducing the amount of dirt, pollen, allergens, and dust into the air, and bagged vacuums are good for allergies. if you are allergy sufferer, you could know how to choose a best vacuum via “How to Choose the Best Vacuum for Allergies“. They do have their share of issues however: They don’t work well in the future, and you’ll inevitably need to buy more bags. You also can’t see when it is full.
A plethora of new bagless vacuums are designed to tackle these issues. You can see when your dirt compartment is full and once it is, it is easy to clean. Simply click a button and the contents are released, allowing you eject the material into the trash with minimal fuss. Their wide openings make cleaning easy, and air-tight attachments seal new dust in tight…so tight that many new vacuums are recommended by allergy prevention organizations. These special enclosures provide you with a hassle-free method of vacuuming and cleaning while minimizing airborne dust and allergens.
When shopping for bagless vacuums, here the answers you need to know.
Best Value Bagless Vacuum
When it comes to bagless vacuums, their value is determined by evaluating their cost, vacuum strength and sealed technology. High costs can be strongly related to strong vacuum performance, but thankfully there is a vacuum that combines the best of strength and containment without the high price. It’s the Shark Rotator Professional Upright NV501.
|Name||Shark Rotator Professional Upright NV501|
|Bagless and filter technology||Anti-allergy technology, HEPA filter, detachable cannister|
|Attachments||Power brush for pets, a wide upholstery tool for pets, a straight suction nozzle, a dusting brush, and a 12” crevice tool|
|Other Benefits||A lift-away technology for portable cleaning, powerful suction, quiet operation|
The Shark NV501 is a versatile vacuum with an immense amount of power for the price. You get the versatility of cleaning that multiple vacuums provide but combined in one design. There is a wide range of tools specially designed for high-performance cleaning. It has a lift-away canister technology that allows for easier cleaning in difficult areas such as stairs, behind furniture, and on walls and drapes. It has strong LED headlights for maximum viewing while cleaning, and easy turning ability to get to those hard to reach places. It has an extra-large capacity dust cup that allows you to clean without constant emptying. And the special, one-click design allows for easy ability to empty and clean out all the vacuum sucks in. And it does all of this quietly.
This is a highly rated vacuum on Amazon, receiving four out of five stars out of a total of 4,600 reviewers.
Best Small and Handheld Bagless Vacuum
Vacuuming can be awkward. Banging heavy vacuums into furniture and baseboards is a common problem. Some vacuums can be hard to maneuver near or on top of smaller surfaces, such as stairs, seat cushions, wall corners, and drapes. You also may want to vacuum more than just your home, such as your car. Wherever you don’t vacuum is where the dust balls grow, so it’s important to have a product that provides maximum flexibility so you can clean with ease. This is where small bagless vacuums excel.
Small vacuums come as a stick vacuum that converts to a handheld, or as a handheld-only design. They work best cordless for maximum ability to reach difficult areas of your home or car easily. For maximum flexibility, you get the most for your money from these funny-looking vacuums. One to look for is the Dyson V7.
Dyson V7 Handheld Vacuum – Animal Cordless Stick – Iron Color
|Name||Dyson V7 Handheld Vacuum - Animal Cordless Stick - Iron Color|
|Bagless and filter technology||Specialized sealed air system|
|Attachments||Crevice tool, combination tool, a mini motorized tool, Soft Dusting Brush|
|Other Benefits||Charging time up to 30 minutes (same as handhelds)|
Description: This vacuum looks like it came from the future, and it acts like it too. It can easily change shape from a standup vacuum to a handheld with just a click of a button. It is well balanced, allowing you to reach high to clean wall corners, blinds, drapes, and higher surfaces such as couch cushions and beds. And it does this all with strong power for a cordless vacuum.
This vacuum has a special roller that is soft against hard floors while still functional on carpets. It’s safe and gentle on all surfaces. There are two power modes: a basic mode called powerful which will provide at least 30 minutes of cleaning power, and one called Max mode that provides impressive additional longer suction. This can quickly deplete your battery, making it good for only 6 minutes, so it is best to use that setting sparingly.
It comes with its own hanging kit for wall charging and three different tools to make reaching for dirt and dust easy.
- Its specialized brush is strong and soft – ideal for hardwood floor cleaning and Deep Cleans Carpet.
- The easily changeable design makes it easy to clean walls, drapery, and floors.
- It is cordless for easy maneuvering, while providing strong suction.
- Three tools aid in cleaning with maximum efficiency.
- Its sealed air system keeps dust in the filter and surrounding air clean.
- This piece is all about precision cleaning.
- Its Max power only gives you 6 minutes of running time, which means you have to recharge quickly after use, but regular power mode will give you 30 minutes.
|Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Iron||1,553 Reviews||Check Price|
There till have many good handheld vacuum cleaners on the market, check below article to get more options for your home:
Best Hoover Upright Bagless Vacuums
With the benefits of small bagless vacuums come downsides. For deep, thorough cleans, larger upright vacuums are still the best method. They can be used alongside handhelds and other vacuums, providing deeper cleans weekly while you continue with daily maintenance with handhelds and robots. An upright vacuum provides maximum suckage to grab that nasty dirt and dust. And they can often be well priced. Still confusing with Canister Vacuums and Upright Vacuums? Check this out: Canister vs. Traditional Upright – Which is Better for You?
Hoover is one of the more popular, time-tested, and high-rated vacuum producers on the market that just happens to also have a lower price point. The best of the group seems is the Hoover UH70120. The ratings are a testament. It has received 4 stars out of a total of 10,484 reviews on Amazon and more important is it’s a valuable vacuum with the versatile feature.
|Name||Hoover UH70120 Green T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum|
|Bagless and filter technology||Allergen Block Technology, HEPA Media Filter, Rinse-clean filter|
|Attachments||extension wand, 2-in-1 crevice tool, powered hand tool|
|Other Benefits||Advanced steering technology with twist handle operation, 5 level Carpet Height Adjustment|
The Hoover UH70120 has many of the things we look for in a vacuum. It has advanced steering capability, allowing you to reach comfortably in hard-to-reach places for a thorough clean. It is also lightweight, allowing you to easily transport the vacuum to other areas of the house and move in and out of storage. It has a special technology called WindTunnel Technology designed to work deeply on carpets and hard floors, grabbing embedded dirt by using three channels of suction. It also comes with tools and a long extendable hose that makes the job easier. It excels in value for the money while being easy to empty and clean.
- Featured with WindTunnel Tech to do a thorough cleaning on Hard Floors and Carpeting Floors
- HEPA Filter could capture 99.97% dirt or dust
- 5 mode height setting for carpet cleaning
- Long Stretch Hose, about 8 Foot. Easy to cleaning stairs
- Great for pet owners for it’s Air powered turbo tool
- Not good at corners
|Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless Corded Upright Vacuum UH70120, Green||10,308 Reviews||Check Price|
Would like to see more good upright vacuums? Check below article out:
Best Bagless and Filter-Less Vacuum
A feature that has gotten a lot of attention these days is HEPA filters. These filters have two filter layers that can trap large and small dust and dirt particles. However, they are not always easy to clean and costly to replace. For this reason, a filter-less vacuum can be a good option, and each year there are better vacuums on the market that live a filter-less life. The best one on the market today is the Dyson Ball Animal 2 Vacuum.
|Name||Dyson Ball Animal 2 Vacuum|
|Bagless and filter technology||Washable lifetime filter, bagless design for easy cleaning|
|Attachments||Tangle-free tool, combination tool|
|Other Benefits||Advanced steering, remarkable suction|
Dyson Ball Animal 2 Vacuum
This is a powerful and effective vacuum that uses an ultra-advanced motor for filter-less technology. It is also one of the strongest vacuums on the market today. Its combination of strong suction, advanced maneuverability, and plenty of additional tools, including an advanced Tangle-free tool for hair, will help you clean with ease. It is also very effective at moving from carpets to wood floors. And the advanced sealed technology keeps all you vacuum where it belongs.
Vacuum-Less technology is quite impressive. It took Dyson 9 years to create this new technology in order to reduce hassle in cleaning. It was worth the wait. The vacuum consists of multiple cyclones, with each cyclone using jetted air to create a centrifugal force that throws dirt against the outer round wall. Like a dryer, these bits fall into a bin for easy disposal. There are 32 different cyclones to handle differently sized dirt. Instead of a filter halting the motion and essentially clogging it, this motor works in the opposite way – pushing varying sizes of dirt into compartments much like a coin storage device that fits only pennies or dimes in certain tubes. The particles are collected away from the main suction area. This makes this vacuum ultra-efficient against clogging.
It is not the cheapest vacuum. Dyson is not known for being particularly low priced, but they are known for their performance and ease of use.
- This is one of the strongest vacuums on the market, some sites rating it as the strongest.
- Doesn’t require filter replacement or cleaning, saving time, hassle, and expense.
- Has a self-adjusting head that allows you to move from carpet to hard floors.
- Helpful tools allow for easy cleaning.
- Its helpful tangle-free tool removes both pet and human hair, allowing you to avoid stopping and fussing with the device.
- One button cleaning. Just press it and it empties.
- Suction can be too strong, though this can also be seen as a benefit.
- It’s advanced technology also makes it one of the heaviest vacuums on the market.
- The vacuum can have some trouble with deeper, thicker carpets and throw rugs.
- Dyson tried to reduce cost by making this vacuum with lower priced materials, which some users find results in a more negative experience.
Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaner for Pets
We love our pets, but let’s face it: they are messy. If they aren’t tracking in dirt and dust and mistakenly using our homes as bathrooms, they are constantly shedding hair. It can feel like an unending war to control pet hair in your home, especially in the warmer months when dogs begin to shed. Thankfully, the vacuum industry knows this and has a range of vacuums on the market that not only come bagless, they also specialize in attacking and controlling pet hair. They use a combination of motor strength and versatility to vacuum furniture, drapes, and pillows, as well as flexibility and maneuverability to get into those hard to reach places behind legs and under furniture. Then they trap whatever it finds tightly in their containers.
A vacuum that excels in pet care is the SharkNinja Rotator NV752.
|Name||SharkNinja Rotator Vacuum NV752|
|Bagless and filter technology||Anti-allergy seal|
|Attachments||A duster crevice tool, pet multi-tool, hard floor attachment, and a pet mini brush|
|Other Benefits||Quiet design, HEPA filter, Lift-Away technology, large dust cup|
SharkNinja Rotator Vacuum NV 752 with Powered Life-Away and TruePet Technology
If you are looking for a vacuum with remarkable suction that will easily suck up any pet hair it comes across, the NV752 is for you. Not only is it powerful, It also comes with a TruePet Motorized Brush which is designed specifically to grab pet hair. It has received an Amazon Choice award for quality and has over 4.5 stars out of 4.700 reviews. With that much positive feedback, this is a vacuum you can rely on.
In fact, it may be too good. People sometimes comment about how the suction may be too strong. There’s no denying, however, that it does its job right. Pet hair and anything else that lies on the floor and under furniture is bound to be sucked up by this vacuum. And remarkably, it does it quietly. This is a huge plus for you and your dog, providing for a less annoying and troublesome cleaning experience.
And don’t forget that added Anti-Allergy technology and HEPA filter. This is a vacuum that is going to suck up everything and keep it there, making your home ultra-clean.
- Its TruePet Motorized Brush effectively attracts pet and human hair easily.
- Its superior suction is undeniable.
- With all that power, it is also a quiet vacuum, keeping you, your kids, and your pets sane.
- It comes with advanced turning ability to reach those hard-to-reach places.
- Like other strong vacuums, one of the biggest complaints is in the weight (15 lbs).
- With such strong suction, the vacuum can sometimes become clogged. The vacuum can become clogged due to its strong suction.
|Shark Upright & Canister Upright Vacuum TruePet Mini-Motorized Brush Bordeaux||2,186 Reviews||Check Price|
Conclusion – User Buying Guide
To help make your final decision easier, we’re providing here a list of cleaning benefits that work specific for your home.
- If you own a pet or are looking to, the best option by far is the Shark NV752. It will provide professional grade suction to keep allergens and pet hair at bay. If you hate the hassle of cleaning filters, the second recommended option is the Dyson Ball Animal 2.
- For a strong vacuum option at a lower cost, you should consider either the Hoover UH70120 or the Shark NV752. The NV752 is better for strong suction, which may make its additional cost worth considering.
- For strong versatility in cleaning every part of your home, the vacuum of choice is the Dyson V7. Its ability to quickly change from a stick vacuum to a handheld makes it easy to clean floors, furniture, stairs, and even walls and drapery. And because it is cordless, you can even use it to clean your car.
- For homes with carpets or hardwood, the Shark NV752 is hard to beat. Its strong suction on any surface will have dirt and dust on the run.